Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Why Change to a Dual Flush Mechanism ?

As I said in one of my earlier posts , I could have fixed the leaky toilet by simply changing the seal on the flush mechanism. But I decided to change the old single flush mechanism for a dual flush.

I stated that this was to save water and therefore money. But the question is : How much water ? How much Money ?

Assuming that the average person flushes the toilet 4 times a day (I've not counted but it seems reasonable !)

With the old system thats 40L of water per day
With the dual flush since its 3 partial and 1 full flush then thats 15L

Then lets assume a family of 4 over the period of a week
Thats a saving of 700L per week.
Or a massive 36400L of water per year

Now water here costs 9.84 € per 10m3 thats 9.84€ per 10000L of water

Which adds up to a Saving of 35.82€ per year !


No comments:

Post a Comment